When many people think of Divan beds they think of them in their traditional sense as armless sofas which could be converted to a bed. But, what many people do not know is that modern Divan beds are so much more. Today, the term modern divan bed is used to describe one of the most versatile beds on the market. There are hundreds of different styles available to suit any need.
Here are some of the pros and cons of divan beds to make sure that you are buying the right bed for your needs.
Pros of divan beds
- Divan beds used as guest beds are comfortable and quite practical. If you are looking for the perfect bed for your guest room then a single divan bed is great as it is a one size fits all solution to your problem. If you find that you are regularly accommodating couples as visitors you can upgrade your choice to a double or queen-sized divan bed. Divan beds are affordable and easy to use.
- The base of this style of bed is usually fitted with large drawers which are ideal for adding extra storage space to your bedroom. In addition, large double divan beds offer you the ability to store are more items, which makes de-cluttering your room or guest room easy.
- You can be assured of superior support when you buy a Divan bed. This is due to the solid bases from which they are crafted. You can easily team you divan bed with a soft and comfortable mattress and a cheap upholstered headboard for a fabulous sleep.
- A number of top bed manufacturers offer a range of different styles of divan beds to ensure that they are easily paired with any room. Additionally, you can team your divan base up with high-quality mattresses to ensure that you or your guests have a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Divan beds are also available in a range of sizes from 4ft divan beds to huge king size divan beds which means no matter what space you have available in your bedroom, you will be able to find a bed to fit.
Cons of divan beds
- From an aesthetic point of view, many people still believe that the elegant curves of a metal bedstead or even the cozy look of a wooden bed are preferable. But, if you invest in a quality divan bed you will see the difference an attractive base and headboard make to the overall look of your room.
- While the double divan bed offers plenty of storage space you may find that you have to pay extra for the number of draws you require so. You will need to make sure that these costs are covered in your bed budget.
- Buying a divan bed which comes complete with a mattress may work out to be quite expensive. When shopping around remember to also take a look at what the costs would be should you choose to buy the base and mattress separately.