A desk is furniture that looks like a flat table and is used in schools, offices as well as in homes. Desks have various multiple drawers that are used for keeping stationery, files, notepads, etc. Desks are made of different materials like wood, metal, plastic, glass, etc. A desk [โต๊ะ ทำงาน, which is the term in Thai] helps to carryout everyday operations of the office. They are consistently used throughout the day. Even if there is no employee in the office, desks are being used in form of housing papers, computers, telephones, etc. You can find desk in variety of size and style in the market.
Types of desk
- Reception desk: The reception desk are the ones that have the ability to improve or worsen the image of the organization in the eyes of the customers. Hence, reception desks must be attractive and elegant. The design of the desk should be based on the requirements of a reception.
- Computer desks: These desks are used for placing computers. These desks are customized desks that can be used productively. It is the best choice for people who use computer consistently.
- Executive desks: As the name suggests these desks are used by people of executive position. These desks convey the authority of the person using them. They are elegant, classy and stylish.
Features of a desk
- Hosts cables: Today almost all works are done through electronic equipment. Hence, they need proper circuits and cable connections. The office table must have the ability to host cables for efficient working.
- Keyboard tray: Desk space is used for keeping various items which leaves no space for keeping keyboard. Hence, it is advisable that you use desks that have a separate tray for keeping keyboard.
- Adjustable height: Generally the desks come in a standard size. However, they may not be suitable for people are very tall or very short. In such case, you need buy adjustable desk to match your height.