A new garage door opener can add advantage and protection to the home owner. Many modern garage doors are supplied with safety features. It is a device that opens and closes the doors and can be operated by the switches on the garage wall and remote controls carried by the owner. Garage doors are strong and virtually silent, powerful and reliable and have advanced access and safety features.
Types of garage door openers
There are actually five types of door openers available, depending on the point of climate and price. You can decide the best garage opener as per you need:
- Screw Driven Door Opener – This model is the most affordable type available and uses a long screw inside the track.
- Chain Driven Door Opener – these door openers are most commonly seen within homes. It uses a metal chain to guide your door through tracking.
- Belt driven Door Opener – these use a rubber chain in place of chain and are regarded as the best door opener type. It is virtually silent and also more expensive.
- Direct Driven Door Opener – The openers have the motor fixed inside the trolley and use a gear wheel to conduct the trolley along fixed chain.
- Jackshaft Driven Door Opener – These openers are installed on the wall at either end of the torsion bar.
Additional features that have been added over the years
- Automatic courtesy lights that turn on when the door opens and automatically turn off when it closes.
- A remote shutdown feature turns off the radio receiver while a person is far away or on vacation.
- Increased availability of accessories including features like wireless keypads, keychain remotes, and solenoid operated bolts that locks the door itself.
- Another recent innovation is a finger print based wireless keypad.
- Carbon monoxide sensor is present to open the door in case the garage being filled with fumes.